- The overall aim of the institution is to mould all those associated with it in a perfect Islamic character capable of taking their place as active responsible member of the wider society.
- To inculcate the Islamic way of life in the students after equipping them with in-depth and thorough knowledge of Islam.
- To produce such Islamic scholars who can understand the present day problems of the modern world and provide valuable solutions based on authentic Islamic principles.
- To inculcate the research oriented methodology in studies in the students.
- To inculcate the high level standards in the students and the society based on the Sunnah.
- To disseminate the Islamic knowledge far and wide through literature and publications.
- To propagate the message of Islam in its pristine purity.
- To establish a library fully equipped with the extensive reference material which can help all those interested in research work.
- To promote closer understanding among all Muslims and to strengthen bonds of friendship and brotherhood among them.
- To carry out activities and projects related to religious, social, charitable, and educational aspects of the life of the community.
- To foster cordial relationships between Muslims and non-Muslims and to promote the understanding of Islam among non-Muslims.
- To give all the students access to a curriculum relevant with the Islamic as well as the modern education.
- To provide broad, well-balanced curriculum which will promote balanced thinking, clear reasoning, creative problem solving and capacity to work collaboratively.
- To set highest expectations for standards of achievement both academic and in personal achievement.
- To encourage an appreciation of activities which will enrich, enlighten and add quality to studentsí lives.
- To place the institution securely as part of the broad community, forging strong partnerships with every sector of the society.
1. Stimulate students to have curious, lively and reflective minds.
2. Give students opportunity to address Islamic as well as social issues and problems creatively.
3. Ensure students develop the power of reasoning and higher order thinking skills.
4. Encourage the development of respect and tolerance for the views of others.
5. Encourage students to become responsible and active members of their community and wider society.
6. Encourage the development of balanced thought and learning through well planned, challenging curriculum.
7. Encourage students to have appropriate levels of self esteem and promote self-discipline.
8. Develop in students a personal, moral and ethical code which values honesty and diligence and promotes personal responsibility for themselves and the environment.
9. Encourage students to work for the eradication of social evils and immorality from the society.
DARUL ULOOM ILAHIYAH
INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC RESEARCH
ILAHI BAGH, BUCHPORA, SRINAGAR, 190011, KASHMIR, INDIA